Preparation and Price
Set the Right price and Generate offers, lots of offers.
The 1st thing we do when we take on a new listing is do an extensive valuation report of the current fair market value of your home. The typical value report is often referred to as a “CMA” or comparative market analysis. We take the CMA one step further and perform a “broker price opinion” or BPO. This takes the CMA to the next level in an effort to determine an accurate benchmark value of your home. The only way to get a more thorough value assessment is by getting an appraisal.
Setting the right price for your home is a critical step in selling your home. We understand that everyone selling their homes wants to get the best price possible. We accept this as fact and we want this for our clients as well, but there is always give and take between price point and time on market.
When placing your home on the market we want to take advantage of the “new to market” frenzy of interest generated within the first 2 weeks of a listing. The interest generated is maximized when the property is listed in a competitive price range. The goal is to generate offers, multiple offers.
- Dangers of setting price too high. The direct negative result of setting the price too high for your sale is increased time on market and loss of interest. Today’s buyers are savvy and are using a vast array of internet tools to help them with their research and decision of their next home purchase. These tools give them access to quickly assess the value of your home directly from their computer.
A well prepared home will generate maximum impact on the prospective buyer.
Our listing agents will inspect the condition of your property and develop a plan to quickly get your house to market.
Be prepared: We don’t want to disrupt the sale of your home with a surprise problem discovered by the buyer’s home inspector.
- Address any conditions or repair issues in the house that would be discovered by a home inspector.
- Determine the most cost effective or no cost way to prepare your home for marketing appeal. We will develop a common sense and cost effective approach to prepare your home for sale.
- Staging and landscaping services are available to take your sale to the next level.
- Home inspections for the seller are available.